Moisture in your home

There are many ways moisture can get in your home. . Just living and breathing in your home can potentially puts several quarts of water in the air every day, cooking increases the daily levels even more.  Imagine all the steam after you shower…. That’s right it’s adding even more moisture to the air in your home.  One of the biggest possible contributors to moisture in the home is the cloths dryer.  What does all this potential moisture in your home mean to you? That depends on how you feel about your health and the health of your family.  It’s all about indoor air quality and keeping your home healthy.   When moisture levels rise in your home there is potential for mold growth.  When mold starts to grow all kinds of problems begin…floors start to rot, furniture starts to show mold growth, your home will begin to smell musty.  However none of that compares to the health risks that are caused by mold.   Increased difficulties in breathing for people with repertory concerns, and people with allergies.  Not to mention the serious reactions some people can have to mold which can include death even in health people.

 

To reduce your risk of moisture in your home.

 

Exhaust vent / range hoods over your stove should always be vented outside of your home.

 

Always vent the bathroom exhaust fans outside and never into the attic.

 

The clothes dryer must always be vented outside.

 

If you are concerned about mold in your home and it’s making you sick.  Feel free to contact me to have your home tested for surface mold and/or for mold spores and allergens in the air.

Serving Cortland, Tully, Dryden and Ithaca New York

 

 

 

This entry was posted in Steve's Blog.
© 2018 Basements & Above Home Inspection, LLC. Websites for Home Inspectors by Inspector Pages. Login.